Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Another Deployment


I just got a phone call from my sister-in-law, Abby, who lives in Ft. Hood, TX, with our two nieces. She called to let us know that Nathan, Michael's brother, just left for his next deployment to Iraq. I instantly had that knot in the pit of my stomach just remembering what that was like when Michael left for Iraq four years ago. It brought back those old feelings that I know I'm going to need the strength of God to help me overcome as I prepare for Michael being deployed next year. I'm amazed at how emotional I'm feeling right now.
Like Abby said, it is harder the second time around because you know what to expect and you know it is going to be hard. I just have to remember that even though it was hard and emotionally draining, God got me through every step of the way and I've grown so much as a person because of the deployment. I've seen other military wives come to Christ because of the last deployment, so I know wonderful things can happen and I trust that they will happen again.
Please join me in prayer for Nathan and his dear family, as well as all the other American soldiers who are serving in far off places to keep us protected. I pray you will not forget them or the sacrifice they are enduring for this nation. Thank you and God bless!
P.S. I wish I had a picture of Nathan (I'll post one as soon as I get my home computer back). I found this clip art of a soldier next to a Bradley. Nathan serves in a unit that operates Bradleys.

2 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Dear God,

Be with Nathan and his family during this difficult time. Only You know what they need right now. I pray especially for the girls that you would wrap them in your arms and be their Heavenly Father. Draw them close to You. Please keep Nathan safe.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen

CB said...

We will be praying for Nathan & his family. Being a military family, I know how hard it is since we are surrounded by the reality of deployment. Blessings to you too, I know you are feeling the burden of what's to come & also for your family!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails