Tuesday, July 12, 2011

And He's Off (Again)!

Michael's brother, Nathan, just left again last week for his 4th deployment to Iraq (including the first Gulf War). I would covet your prayers for his wife and two daughters who are once again going to be without him for an unknown amount of time. Please pray for his safety as well as his family as they live far away from any family to help them out. We are so proud of Nathan's sacrifice as well as that of my SIL and nieces.

We will soon be facing the same reality as we found out my husband is on the deployment list to Afghanistan with his National Guard unit in 2012. I know these wars seem to be never ending, but I hope you will continue to pray for the safety of our troops and their families. They are living a reality that most people can't imagine. So keep up the prayers and the support going for those in your community who are military families.

And he's off!

Thank You and God Bless!

Jackie

10 comments:

Camille said...

Oh Jackie...I cannot imagine! May the LORD indeed protect and keep and give peace and HIS strength to your Sister-in-Love and her husband as he serves. Do not think too far ahead to your own husband's deployment...the LORD will give the grace needed at the time...not right now for the worrying of it! Enjoy these days.

Much Love,
Camille

Mary said...

Wow! How brave!

Nadine said...

Keeping both of your families in my prayers...God Bless!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Valerie said...

Praying for them and ALL of our troops who so willingly serve! Being the wife of a First Gulf War Veteran, I can remember the sacrifice that your sister-in-law and her girls are feeling! Praying for them.

Janice said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all of them. I am so thankful that Steve is retiring in January and I won't have to worry about him going over, just the boys. On a happier note Nathan's girls are getting so big, the last I saw them they were just babies.

God Bless,
Janice

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I didn't know he was leaving again. His poor family. I can't imagine.

Will be praying "again" for Nathan.

Joy Liz said...

Mrs. Jackie,
I will be praying for you both. I can't imagine going through another deployment. I am so sorry.
In HIS love,
Joy liz

fowler7 said...

Jackie,
You will definitely be in my prayers, as well as you SIL and girls. We will be praying for you husbands as well. It doesn't matter how many times you go through it...it is never easy and you never get used to it. Remember to not live to much in the dread of the future. Sometimes I would have it so much on my mind that I didn't the there and now like I should have. God bless you my sweet friend!

His bondservant said...

oops...I didn't realize I was under my husband's account...the last one was from Jackie at Builiding a Heritage.

OurLilFullFam said...

Jackie I will pray for them and for you guys as well!

Military service is a sacrifice for the whole family!

Stephanie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails