Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Meanderings

Michael has been gone for five weeks training for the National Guard. He got home last Friday and the kids were so excited that Josiah made a "Welcome Home, Dad!" sign. So cute.

He put it on our door, but no matter what angle I took this picture, it looked washed out. Still, you can see how excited the kids are to have their daddy home. We spent a pretty relaxing weekend just catching up on yard work and hanging out together. 

The weekend before was scrapbook camp at my mom's house. I met my sister there, too. It was soooo good to hang out with her. Her family is going through an very hard situation right now and I'm privileged to be able walk through it with her. She is an amazing woman of God and I'm learning so much from her. It is so hard to see my other half hurting so. 

It was the first time I've ever had to bring the kids to scrapbook camp with me, but they did pretty good and I managed to get 57 pages done that weekend. So happy! Didn't get through my entire stack, but pretty close. One more scrapbook came and I'll be caught up. Here a couple of my favorite pages. The first is our family Easter picture from last year.

The second is of our Passover "Seder Meal" pictures from last year. Speaking of Passover, I'm gearing up for it this year. I found this great book: 
I'm hoping my kids will enjoy it better if it is only 30 minutes instead of 2 hours. I also bought a Passover cookbook and 5 skull caps for men, so our guests will feel part of the traditions as well. I made some things that I know I can improve on from last year, so looking forward to giving the food another try.

We also love to celebrate St. Patrick's Day around here, too, being Irish-Scots. I bought this book for the kids and can hardly wait to give it to them. The best deal I could find on this book was at Voice of the Martyrs where you can get the holiday collection. We also bought a few more accessories for the children's Scottish outfits and I'm going to give them another volume of the Jonathan Park audio CD series and the newest Torchlighter DVD about William Booth. I can hardly stand to wait until Saturday to give these things to them! I love faith-building material so much. We are going to the St. Patrick's Day celebration in Heppner this year. Never been before and hope it'll be fun. I know my kids will fit in great with their red hair.

I've got a busy week ahead, but I'm excited because I've taken a few more things off my plate and I'm feeling more relaxed now. I'm praying if there is anything else that I need to give up or say "no" to, that I will recognize it and then obey! Once again, I'm learning the importance of being totally submitted to Christ and His will for my life. Where would I be without Him? He is truly my All and All. 

Have a great week everybody!

God Bless,
Jackie

6 comments:

Connie said...

Love your scrap book pages. That is my hobby, but it has been 3 years since I could work on it.

You have so many wonderful things planned for the children as ways to teach them about God. Keep up the good work.

Grandma Becky said...

Oh scrapbooking. I haven't done that in awhile and I need to catch up with my granddaughter's book and haven't even started on one for grandson. Oh dear! Glad Michael made it home after training ok and you all had a good time together again. Praying for Stacey and family. Hugs!

MommaMindy said...

Loved seeing the pic of the kids welcoming Daddy home. My hubby used to travel a lot for work and he was on the road so much! It was hard on us all, but it did make me stronger in the Lord.

Still praying for your precious family!

Jill said...

Your scrapbook pages look great! I am so far behind on mine right now, my basket is overflowing with pictures and papers to get scrapped! LOL So glad you were able to do this!

Have a great week!

blessings,
Jill

Camille said...

Yippee that your Michael is home!!! What a long time to have him gone...what a blessing to have him back. :)

Yippee for getting ALL THOSE PAGES scrapbooked!! WOW!! What a wonderful keepsake you are creating for your children!

Sorry about Stacie. I have been praying for them.

Love to you!
Camille

Santiago said...

Through our unique contracts we are able to ship directly from the manufacturer warehouse, cutting costs and delivering the LOWEST PRICES around. Humans should consume 64 ounces of water per day and with that much intake, you need to be sure the water you're drinking is both healthy and safe! Even some of the water pitchers and filters you find available in stores aren't making your water as clean as they claim to be! This is where the Zero Water filter comes in. To decide which type of oven to use you will have to ask yourself if it is able to meet your time and cooking needs, not at the amount of money it can save. Then in 1907 a janitor with allergies called James M Spangler mocked up an electric cleaner, using a fan, a box and a pillowcase.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails