Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Resurrection Day 2012

I always give the kids little gifts instead of candy (although I do get them each a Lindt chocolate bunny) at Easter time in honor of the greatest gift of all -  OUR SALVATION THROUGH JESUS THE RISEN MESSIAH!  Here are my kidlets, just having woken up. Next year, like Christmas, we'll read the resurrection story first, before opening the gifts. My hubby's idea. I'm so proud of that man as I watch him taking the spiritual reins from my hands as he grows stronger and stronger in the Lord. The movie, "Courageous" really hit home for him and I see him stepping up as a father and husband. What an answer to prayer and a test of patience on my part through the years. He is who God says his is, and he CAN do what God says he can do!

Hailey was super excited to get her sock flashes to go with her kilt.

Josiah got a small Lego Star Wars set and another Jonathan Park volume. Both he and Hailey absolutely love them. I also gave them another Torchlighter series about William Tyndale. 

Before church pictures. We are trying very hard to teach Josiah how to protect and love his sister and how to treat her appropriately at all times. We are teaching them to guard their modesty as well as each others. They love each other so much even though they can fight like cats and dogs sometimes.



We found this suit for a good price and Josiah loves wearing it. I think it is great!

Hailey got to pick out her dress, too. It is the only time I ever buy new clothes for my kids. We almost always do hand-me-downs, yard sales and thrift shops. But it is nice to be able to buy one nice dress/suit a year for my kids.


After church, we were invited to my sweet friends' house. Thank you again, Katie and Jerry!! The kids got to participate in an egg hunt and we all ate until we hit critical mass. It was wonderful to not have to do a full meal, since we had celebrated the Passover meal the day before. Josiah was still enjoying his skull cap, but I made him take it off when he was eating the ham despite us being Gentiles, out of respect for the Jewish culture. 

I love this picture of Hailey as she thinks about where she's going to look for eggs next. The bent wrist is so her :) 

Hope you all had a wonderful Resurrection Day!

God Bless,
Jackie

8 comments:

Connie said...

Very sweet photos! My Mom always sewed us girls new Easter dresses (no small feat since she had 9 girls) - it was always so special. It is fun to learn to dress-up and behave accordingly. You are doing a great job! Blessings on you.

Grandma Becky said...

The children are so cute and growing up. Thanks for sharing.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Hailey did an outstanding job picking out her dress. Tell her to be careful with it so Lily can wear it next.

She is just so pretty, Jack. And Josiah looks very handsome in his suit. I love how you are stressing they treat each other. I wish I had been more dilegent about that.

Love you!
Stacie

Lizzy said...

Beautiful pictures! your children are so adorable and I think it is great that you are teaching them to respect and care for each other; they will be so thankful for those lessons when they get older!

Nadine said...

So happy that you all had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday!
The pictures of your children are adorable!

Blessings!
~Nadine

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Camille said...

What lovely photos of your kids Jackie! *Love* that one of your little boy giving his sister a kiss. :)

Love to you!
Camille

UKTights- Tiffany Quinn 40 Denier Opaque Tights said...

Great content!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails