Thursday, January 22, 2009

Turkish Marinade (for any red meat)


Of all the marinades I've tried on my family, this one seems to be the favorite. You can use it with any type of red-meat and I bet it would even be good with pork, although I've never actually tried that. I marinate our lamb kabob meat in this and it is always a hit. If you are barbecuing, make sure you've got enough for the neighbors because this smells so good while it is cooking that they'll want some, too (LOL).

Turkish Marinade:
1 chopped tomato
1/2 of a finely chopped onion
3 or 4 minced garlic cloves
1 Tbl dried parsley
1 Tbl dried oregano
1 tsp cumin
2 to 3 Tbl lemon juice
1 to 2 Tbl honey
1/8 cup Bragg's liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
1/8 cup olive oil (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all these ingredients together and add your meat, making sure it is well coated. Cook however you want. I like to brush the marinade on the meat after getting it on the grill.

4 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

This is delicious, PEOPLE!!!! You have to make this! Add a little olive oil if you don't want it to stick as much.

Rachel and Family said...

Mmmmmm.... looks delicious and easy. I LOVE sauces and marinades! I'll be making this one.

Anonymous said...

I used this maranade on some double cut lamb chops this weekend. They were absolutely delicious. Can't wait to try this on the barbeque. Thanks for the recipe Jackie!
-Leslie H.

Kathryn Jeffery said...

This is amazing! Thank you for posting-delicious marinade

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails