Thursday, October 29, 2009

Puttin' It All Together

Last weekend, Michael had a chance to work on his T-Bucket project. It has been in pieces for over a year. He decided to put it all together without bolting it down just so we could get an idea of what it would look like. So here it is! You can see that he's worked hard welding a new skin onto the body. He's going to make a box to go behind the seat. The kids thought it was so cool to get to sit in it (we were sitting on the board that makes up the instrument panel). We are going for the "old fashioned look" again as these pictures were taken before I had a chance to clean my lens :P

View from the front. He didn't have the radiator on there yet, so that is why it looks weird. He's got a Ford Flathead V8 engine in this baby. He found it for free and it even runs - same thing with the transmission. How blessed is this guy? Michael is really good about paying for parts for the T-Bucket from little side jobs he does so that it doesn't come out of the family budget. I really appreciate that about him!

T-Buckets are made for short people! Look how crunched up my legs are. Yikes! Won't be able to drive this thing long distances. It was really fun to get an idea of what it will basically look like after seeing it in pieces for so long. It has been a fun project for him and keeps him busy. Just had to share what my other half has been up to. BTW, his new job is going great. Thanks again for your prayers everybody!

Have a Blessed Day Everyone,
Jackie
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Connie said...

Guys love their vehicle projects! This is a great one and one you will all enjoy. Fun to see him making progress.

The Vintage Housewife... said...

thats awesome! a hot rod daddy has always gotta have a project...great thanks for sharing...cat

christy rose said...

That is a cool car!! How fun!

RaD said...

That's so cool! I need my dad to see these pictures, he'd love them!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Great job, Michael! Also, your legs look way too long for that vehicle, Jack!

Unknown said...

Neat! :) My hubby also has his tractors etc...great idea to do a post about your man's hobbies! :)

COUNTRY MOM said...

Jackie, My hubby and kids would love this... Ok me too !!! Have a great weekend. Blessings, Audrey

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Wow! That looks like it would be fun to ride in when it is done. Have a great weekend!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks for your comments everbody! I read them all to my hubby and I could tell it made him feel great.

Stace,
After he saw the pictures and could see my knees around my ears, he decided to extend the front end out toward the motor to make more leg room. It is a lot more work, but he really wants me to be comfortable in it. What a sweetie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails