Sunday, November 16, 2014

Another Homemade Laundry Soap Recipe (Dry Ingredient Version)

A friend of mine, Cherylene at Rare Rubies Homestead, posted this recipe a few months ago and I decided to try it. I'm sure glad I did because I actually like this recipe better than the wet version I've been using for years with Zote soap. We have a very small laundry room and this takes up way less space (no need for that 5 gal bucket anymore). I think my whites are staying whiter, too. Another advantage is that it takes WAY less time to make and it is just as inexpensive. So without further adieu, here is the recipe for a double batch:

All Natural, Dry, Homemade Laundry Soap Recipe;

3 cups baking soda
3 cups washing soda
 1 cup Espsom Salt
1/4 cup Sea Salt (the cheap stuff is fine)

(you can add some essential oils if desired. Personally, I don't mind my laundry being unscented.)

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients and mix well either by hand or food processor. I chose to mix it by hand and it didn't take long at all. This doubled the recipe fit nicely into a 1/2 gallon mason jar, which worked great. I use 2 Tablespoons per load because I always do really big loads. Personally, I think this works best on the warm/hot water cycle for whites, but seems to work fine on cold cycle for other colors. This recipe is safe for HE machines, too. 

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Thank you, Cherylene!

God Bless, Jackie 

1 comment:

magnoliasntea said...

I got tired of the wet homemade laundry soap, too, and have been using a dry version for several months. This recipe is different than the dry one I've been using, but I think I'm going to give it a try. My whites could use a bright spark. ;) Thanks for sharing! Oh, is that 1/4 cup of salt? Have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails