Monday, September 21, 2015

Guacamole Mountain Recipe


I finally tried this recipe that my friend, Stephanie, submitted into the La Grande MOPS Cookbook. I've changed it a bit to my tastes.  It has been my new "go-to recipe" for potlucks and get-togethers this summer. I made it very plain because I'm nursing, but you can spice this up all you want. It makes enough for a crowd. 

Guacamole Mountain Recipe

1.) Blend together in a food processor:

4 large, ripe avocados 

1 cup sour cream

1/2 to 1 cup prepared ranch dressing

salt and pepper to taste (could also add hot sauce if you want it spicy)

2.) Mound this mixture up in center of a platter

3.) Layer on top of guacamole:

Two cups of grated cheese (examples: Mex blend, cheddar, jack, queso fresco, pepper jack). Make sure there is enough to cover all of the guacamole mixture. The cheese serves as a barrier to keep out the air, which prevents the mixture from turning brown.

Two cups of small chopped tomatoes

1 cup sliced olives

Garnish with sliced green onions or cilantro (optional)

4.) Serve with tortilla chips either on the side or if your platter is big enough it is fun to make a ring of chips around the dip. 


Warning, there won't be any leftovers ;)!!!

Enjoy,
Jackie

3 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

We LOVE guacamole so I'm definitely going to try this, and the spicier the better. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
Have a great week!

Camille said...

YUM....I *love* guacamole!! Wouldn't it be fun to devour a plate of that together? Perhaps one day we will. XOXO

Jill said...

Oh my this looks so delicious!! Jotting this down in my recipe book :-) Have a wonderful day!!

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails