Wednesday, December 24, 2008

More Josiahisms

4-year-old Josiah sayings:

Funny things:

I can’t have a fried egg sandwich because it’s not “Friday”.

Instead of saying Ecclesiastes, he says “Crazyiastes”.

“I miss Nana. I’m just a grumpy old man”.

“We have to make hot buttered runs”.

“When I get older I’m going to Canada on an airplane in my army uniform to shoot “cannons” in Canada.”

“Does Santa wear underwear?”

When Michael and I are kissing, Josiah always says, “Yuck, that’s eggscusting”.

Instead of saying, “You guys crack me up”, he says, “You guys are crackin’ my head open”.

When Josiah and Mom were at Newport, she said he looked out at the beach and yelled, “Look, there’s a sand pigeon!” (aka seagull).

“Do horses eat their boogers?”

“Bad News! A Spegeeto (mesquito) is trying to get me!”

“The strawberries tickle my teeth!”

I was explaining the meaning of Hailey’s bib that says “Biker Chick” on it, and he says, “If Hailey’s a “Biker Chick” than I’m a “Biker Turkey”!

“Mamma, Mamma! Can you believe it? I made a “Y” poop! Come see!” I go into the bathroom and sure enough, he had pooped in the shape of a Y. I’m so proud (dead-pan).

I told Josiah that the ocean was salty. He said he wanted to taste it. I proceeded to tell him about all the icky stuff that gets in the ocean and why that wouldn’t be a good idea. So he says to me, “What about crab slobber?”

Josiah’s favorite Worship Song: “Holy, Holy are you Lord God Almighty. Wordy is the Lamb, Wordy is the Lamb. You are Holy”.
I was talking to Josiah about dinosaurs being extinct, and he says, “Why do dinosaurs stink?”

“Do butterflies poop?”

“I’ve got a bad feeling.”

“I have an underwear rash” (instead of diaper rash).

I was telling Josiah that it is never too late to talk to God. He promptly pipes up with, “But it’s always too late to talk to Satan”.

“Mom! I ate some of the hairs off my arm, and they taste yummy!”

I was admiring Josiah’s beautiful eyes and asked him to look at me so I could see them better. After a second, he says, “Can I have my eye balls back?”


Sweet Things:

“Mom, I like you. You’re a great mom.”

“Mamma, when I grow up I want to teach my kids about Jesus”.

“Hailey Baby, you look beautiful today.”

5-year-old Josiah sayings:

Funny things:

Josiah said, “I burned my tongue on some oatmeal because I didn’t blow on it first”. To which I replied, “That stinks, doesn’t it?” To which he said, “Actually it burns.”

Josiah was telling me about Lot and his wife as they fled the burning city of Sodom and Gomorrah. He said, “Lot’s wife looked back and turned into a pillow of salt”.

“You know why I slept in so long this morning, Mamma? So I can have lots and lots of energy.”

I told Josiah, “Man you’ve got good ears”. He replies, “That’s cause I’m young.”

After playing in the snow, Josiah came in with a bunch of snow packed around his face. Grandma Kricket asked him what happened. He put on a sad face and said, “Nobody would have a snowball fight with me, so I had one by myself and got snow in my face.”

“If I eat an artichoke with the “arta” that’s inside choke me?”
Hailey got a hold of one of my fish oil capsules. He was worried about it until I told him it was good for her. He said, “Yeah, because of all the new trees (aka nutrients) in it.”

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank you for sharing these! I love the oatmeal comment - that sounds like something Olivia would say! :}

motherofmany said...

TOO CUTE!!!! It's good that you kept them for posterity, too- I was just trying to remember some of what the kids used to say and couldn't. :(

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Very funny! I love to hear what he says. He is a crack up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails