Friday, May 8, 2009

Biker Mamma!


I'm so excited! I just got enough nerve to ride Michael's Harley around the block 4 times. I even figured out how to use the blinkers and everything. I got it up to second gear. Stopped and started at the intersections. It was so scary and exciting all at the same time. First thing I did was dump the clutch and dump it (thank God it was in the grass). I didn't hurt the bike or myself. I tried to pick it up, but no luck. I'm just not strong enough, even using my legs. If I do dump it at a stop sign, I'll have to wait until someone comes along who can help me pick it up again. Michael didn't get one picture of me, so I'm using an older picture of us (me on back), just so you can see the size of the bike. I'm off to Pendleton to do TEAM Oregon (where you learn how to ride a street bike) and to get my motorcycle endorsement this weekend. I've got my confidence up now and I feel like I'll be fine. I feel like if I can ride Michael's bike, I can ride anything! I can't believe how much easier it turns than a dirt bike. What an awesome Mother's Day gift! Happy Mother's Day to all you sweet mamma's out there!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Wow you go girl. How exciting for you. Now please be safe while you have your fun.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Thanks, Naomi! I'm definitely very cautious and safety conscious. That is why I'm taking this class. I want to as much as possible before I really start riding.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm trying not to freak! I love you, Sis!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails