Monday, June 1, 2009

Easy Sausage Gravy Recipe

I make Biscuits and Gravy whenever I have company because it is so easy and I make at least a gallon at a time, so I know my guests will get enough. I freeze the leftovers in increments my family will use. I always make this ahead of time and take it when we go camping. This gravy reheats wonderfully. Serve over my whole wheat biscuits-in-a-pan recipe under Labels-->Recipes-breads.
Jackie's Easy Sausage Gravy:
Brown 3 packages of natural sausage or hamburger.
Drain excess fat.
Mix in 3 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (it will be pasty!).
Add one gallon of milk (preferably raw). Mix well
Add onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Heat over medium heat, stirring often until gravy thickens.
(If too thick, add more milk; if too thin, mix 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour in cold milk or water and add mixture to gravy, mixing it in well)

4 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Biscuits are gravy is easy to freeze! I'm with you on making a ton of it. In fact that is was I'm going to serve my company on Sunday morning. Talk about an easy breakfast!

OurLilFullFam said...

Thanks. I love biscuits and gravy. I have never though about freezing it. Thanks for that tip!

Stephanie

Rachel and Family said...

Mmm... that looks good, we love biscuits and gravy. I guess I've never considered freezing it before...

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

You can make the biscuits in a pan, cook them and freeze them as well. When you reheat, put in oven at 350 with a small oven-safe glass dish filled with water (placed in the pan) to help keep moist.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails