Monday, December 7, 2009

Pendleton Christmas Parade/Lil' Cowboy

My grandpa and his wife, Regina, have started a new family Christmas tradition with us. We now meet in Pendleton for the Christmas Carriage Parade. Michael helps Grandpa with the horses and in the process learns all he can about driving a team. (My grandpa still farms with draft horses.) Josiah gets to ride along, too. He does a great job of shouting "Merry Christmas" the entire parade route. I'm surprised the kid has a voice left by the of the parade. He just has a ball.

Here he is with Grandma Regina's saddle horse. He loves this horse. It is very good with kids. He's got his OSU Beaver hankerchief around his neck (matches his hair). He has decided to become a Beaver fan because his cousins are. Thank goodness, since both his parents have degrees from OSU.

I loved this picture of the horses and Josiah peeking around the corner while playing on the trailer. He had such a great time. I've got a few more pictures to post of the parade that I'll think you'll enjoy. So...., stay posted!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cowboy moon boots! A fellers gotta stay warm! How fun- my children would go gaa gaa over the small town stuff you get to do! We need to move!!

Regina @VestPocketFamilyFarm said...

We love meeting you at the parade. Such good times with family. Immie does love kids, I am so thankful to the Lord for that horse.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails