Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Favorite Quick and Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe

You want dinner in 20 minutes? This is an easy, tasty meal that everyone will love!

Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 lb sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized chunks
1/4 c butter
1 lb of sliced mushrooms
1 small chopped onion
1/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
2 cups already prepared beef broth OR 2 cups water and 1 Tbl natural beef bouillon
4 to 6 cloves of minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups sour cream
1 lb of whole wheat pasta of your choice (I usually use penne)

Prepare the pasta. In the meantime, quickly brown the steak pieces over medium high heat, in 2 Tbl of the butter. Remove as soon as it is brown, set aside. In same pan, melt remaining 2 Tbl of butter and add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Saute until onions are tender. Add the flour to this mixture. Mix until it looks like a paste. Add broth or water and bouillon to the paste mixture, stirring until smooth. Add steak and cook on medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Salt and pepper to taste. Add sour cream at the end. Serve immediately over the cooked pasta.

Enjoy!
Jackie

7 comments:

Mindy said...

OOH! Love the healthy version of stroganoff. Most use cans of cream soups and other things I don't want to cook with. Will have to save this recipe. Thanks!

Melanie said...

Yum! Definitely going to do this. Hubby and I love stroganoff, but I've only ever used condensed cream of mushroom soup and some other ingredients. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I need to make the blog private, send me your email to homeschoolingahandful at gmail dot com so I can send you an invite.

Kimberly
Homeschooling A Handful

His bondservant said...

Jackie,
Thanks so much for posting this...I had a not so good recipe for this and haven't made it since because I couldn't quite tweek it to reflect our change in healthy recipes...now you have done it for me! Bless you my friend!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I love your strogie!

Kimberly said...

Jackie, After a long night of prayer and the blessing of my husband, I've created a new blog, it doesn't have much on it yet, it'll get there!

PS
I need to get back to cooking more from scratch, your recipes are full of great natural ingredients.

recipes for bbq said...

It's definitely BBQ season here in Melbourne with the kids on school holidays and the nights warm and balmy. I love a BBQ with friends and family. I like to try and plan the BBQ meals so they fit in with a healthy PCOS diet / eating plan.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails