Monday, June 24, 2013

The Crazy Cousins Band

My sweet sis, Stacie, and her kids visited us a few weeks ago. We had such a great time! The kids always love to go to the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center in Baker City, so we made a special trip there and then had pizza afterwards. They happened to have a guest entertainer who had all kinds of percussive instruments, many that would have been used on the Oregon Trail. This guy was so talented and very interactive with the kids, letting them form a band on stage.
The kids got to play with a Limberjack. I think this was their favorite instrument. It really is quite entertaining and sounds like it is dancing a jig. As you hit the board it "dances" on.
My nephew Jacob was helping his little sis, Lily, bounce the board. I wish you could have seen how cute their faces were as they did this.

The "bandmaster" played a fiddle bow on a saw. It made the craziest alien-like noises. This guy had some serious talent!

Jacob with the spoons, Jessica playing bass on the wash tub, Lilly with her triangle and Hailey playing the washboard.

Jacob was cracking us up. He has some talent for music we discovered. He was hitting those spoons all over his body, just like the bandmaster. It was cute! He was just grinnin' ear to ear the whole time. He is super coordinated. Hope he picks up an instrument. I sent my half-sized fiddle home with Jessica. So excited that she is going to start lessons. I hope to be jammin' with her soon! 

Was so blessed to have them visit. It is so much easier now that the youngest of our children is 4 years old. The older kids are more independent, which makes it really nice. Stacie and I were able to really relax more and have some great sister time!

4 comments:

aimee said...

Very, very cool! I will have to find a recording of a limberjack as I am curious to hear it for myself:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Jill said...

Another great experience for the kids! just one of the reasons I love visiting your blog :-) Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon your blog while I was looking up recipes for vanity cakes for an upcoming blog post. Love, love, love your blog. What a precious family you have! I plan on visiting often.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

This was soooooo much fun!!!! I'm so glad we stopped and had the kids watch it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails