Monday, October 13, 2008

Healthy Pumpkin Squares Recipe

I just had to add this recipe to my blog since pumpkin is "in" right now. My kids really like this as a snack. Also, it is wonderful to take for potlucks because it serves a lot.

Healthy Pumpkin Squares:

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 eggs (you can omit if there is an allergy and it will still turn out good)
2 cups pumpkin (I grind up and freeze my own pumpkin)
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cup honey (this just depends on how sweet you want it, I always do 1 1/4)
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce (homemade/frozen is best)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sprinkle with pecans or walnuts after pouring into bar pan (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix wet ingredients together in kitchen aid, add all dry ingredients, beat well. Pour batter into a bar pan or 9 x13 inch pan. May want to grease pan with olive oil if not using stoneware. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 18 generous squares.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I used the pumpkin that Olivia and I carved a couple of days ago...a good way to not waste the pumpkin!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I know! I really love this recipe because it seems like it is always a hit when I take it anywhere. I'm so glad you tried it! It is nice to know someone is trying these out.

God Bless!

The La Grande Winder's said...

This was so delicious the other night. Thank you for sharing the recipe! I'm excited to try it out

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails