Sunday, October 5, 2008

Whole Wheat Biscuits in a Pan

Whole Wheat Biscuits in a Pan

If you have a food processor, this is such an easy recipe. You'll never avoid making biscuits again. These are actually good for you! They also freeze really well.

Preheat oven to 400

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
1 Tbl backing powder
1/4 cup cold butter or coconut oil (cubed)
1 1/4 cups milk, kefir or buttermilk

Using pastry blender or food processor, mix dry ingredients together then cut in cubed butter or small chunks of coconut oil. Blend until it looks like coarse meal. Add or stir in the milk, kefir or buttermilk just until it holds together. Should be fairly moist to where you should just be able to pour the batter into a 9 x 9 square pan. May want to oil pan if not using stoneware. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes our clean and slightly golden brown on top. Cut into squares and serve.

This is wonderful if you are wanting to make biscuits and gravy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hi!
I did a google search for whole wheat pan biscuits in hopes that I could find something that I could tweak to be healthy enough to fit with how we eat. This post came up and when I looked at it I realized I wouldn't have to change anything! I made them last night for dinner and they were fabulous! I was a little unsure at first because the dough was wetter than biscuit dough often is, but they turned out nice and moist and very light. Thanks so much!! :)
~Jen

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm so glad you liked the recipe. We love it, too, and it is sooo easy! Thanks for leaving such a great comment on my blog. Blessings, Jackie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails