Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Early Father's Day Ride

My sis and I decided for a Father's Day gift that we would both ride with my Dad, something he loves to do as he's "Livin' the dream". It has been years since Stacie was able to ride due to her being pregnant or recovering from pregnancy. God smiled on us that day as it was the nicest day we've had yet. I mean GORGEOUS! This was my first time riding on the new ranch that they manage. It is a beautiful property, as you can see by these pictures. This is Dad on Nellie with Mt. Hood in the background. Is this God's country or what?The wildflowers were in full bloom. Stacie is on the right, riding Dundee, and I'm on the left, riding Lightening. I wish I could show you the panoramic view from this spot. We could see four mountain peaks, Mt Hood, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Adams and even the tip of Mt. Rainer. What fun to ride with my sis. Because she has had some serious pelvis/hip issues, I thought those days might have been over for good. God is slowly healing her and I'm so excited to be able to do more activities with her. Of course, we couldn't take a ride without checking on the cows. I thought this was a cute picture of Lightening with her ears all perked up.This was the best part of the ride, when we got to explore an old homestead house that was still in pretty good shape. You could tell it was a nice house at one time. We were able to walk upstairs, although we didn't stay long when we saw the thick layer of mouse poo all over the floor.  I loved the old bay window in the parlor. I just kept thinking about the people who lived there. If those walls could only talk!I caught this very natural picture of my sis riding along. It was simply a fabulous day. We always have such good conversations with my dad while riding horseback. Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Also, if you have time, please click here to link up to my sis's blog for our pioneer cemetery adventure from the previous weekend. It is a wonderful post, indeed. 

I've been crazy busy with the scrapbooking, gardening, my niece visiting and remodeling, so I haven't been able to check out your blogs. Hope to soon. Miss all my bloggy friends!

Blessings,
Jackie

17 comments:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Jackie it was so awesome! I'm still dreaming about it. I'm really looking forward to riding horses on the beach with you next month. Beautiful sunsets here we come!!!!!!!!

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm stealing this pictures for my blog too! LOL!

RaD said...

That is a beautiful view! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. It's too bad you didn't have a little history to go with that house!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! You are so blessed.

Unknown said...

Wow! That is such beautiful country! I love old houses, too, what history they have.

Celee said...

What a beautiful and fun ride! My parents are going to buy horses next spring so the kids are growing more and more excited by the month, always asking how long until March. I have one daughter in particular who has been dreaming of horses for years. I love that you and your sister can share this together with your dad!

Catherine said...

Great pictures of beautiful country and gorgeous women with their handsome father...all on lovely horses. You girls have it made!

Anonymous said...

Wow- you could see Rainier! "On a clear day, you can see forever..."

Lucky girls you are! Love the old house- It makes me sad to see old abandon houses like that- you just know that back in it's day it was full of activity, empty it just looks so lonely- I'm sure it smiled at your visit!

PS I did see Stacie's cem. post, loved it-

Amy said...

This is so wonderful. I am sure that you had a beautiful day.

I haven't been on the computer very much for the past couple of days.

Have a blessed day.

Heart2Heart said...

Jackie,

Oh how I enjoy old vintage homes and you're right "If they could talk, what would they tell you?"

Does this house exist on the property your dad owns?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Kat,
The house is on the property of the ranch my dad manages, not owns. I just love exploring old homes!

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...

Dear Jackie ~

Sorry for the "deleted" comment above...here is what I meant to say.

Oh I *love* horses and riding! What a gorgeous day!! How fun that you could do that with your Dad to celebrate his special day.

With Love,
Camille

Simply Natural Homestead said...

Now THAT looks like a beautiful place to live.

His bondservant said...

Jackie,

Love the pictures. How beautiful! What a great way to spend quality time with your Dad. I am sure he loved it!

Blessings,
Jackie

OurLilFullFam said...

Looks like so much fun. I did wonder about Stacie's hips - it makes mine hurt thinking about it!! But, I am glad y'all got to go!

Stephanie

Robin said...

Hi there. I have just gotten bitten by the cheesemaking bug! I thought you'd enjoy hearing about that. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails