Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What To Do With All Those Leaves And Pumpkins?

Since I've gained new followers over the last year, I decided to kind of do a cumulative post made up several posts I've done in the past. If you're interested in any of these activities, just click on the link for more information. I'm not a crafty person, as you can tell by my whopping two crafts under the "crafts label" on my sidebar, but this one is really fun and easy. Little children enjoy picking up the leaves and big children (and adults) love to make them. Very simple, even for this craft-challenged mama.
http://haha.nu/creative/how-to-make-roses-from-maple-leaves 

 Yum, this is one of my favorites. The healthy version of Great Pumpkin Dessert. Great way to use up extra pumpkin. http://homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/2008/10/healthy-pumpkin-squares-recipe.html

Here is another one, great for snacks or dessert and will feed a crowd. Healthy Pumpkin Squares (sorry no picture): http://homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/2008/10/healthy-pumpkin-squares-recipe.html
Kid's complaining because they don't have enough snow to build a snowman yet? Try making a Pumpkin Man:

In case you missed this festive recipe when I posted it a few weeks back, here is Beef Cider Stew served in a baked pumpkin: http://homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/2009/11/pumpkin-cider-beef-stew-recipe-served.html
Try making a Thankful Tree. This was ours last year. The kids loved doing this!  http://homesteadwannabes.blogspot.com/2009/11/our-thankful-tree.html

Hope you are all enjoying the fall weather and having fun getting ready for the holidays. When you start getting stressed out about all you have to do, remind yourself about what is important (good advice for me, too). For me it is seeking to bring glory to God through the holidays and to make family memories that will last a lifetime. If you have a moment, please take the time to leave a comment and tell me what your favorite fall traditions are.

God Bless,
Jackie

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I missed the original post of how to make roses from leaves, so I'm going there. I would freeze the pumpkin meat for later soups and pies. Great seeing the others again, Jackie!

Jill said...

Hi Jackie, these all look great! I'm going to go back and click on them. Fall has always been my favorite time of year, but also sentimental to me... it's when I met my husband. :-)
Have a great night!
Blessings,Jill

FaithAlways.. said...

The Pumpkin Stew looks delicious! I really love your maple leaf roses! How unique!

Deborah Ann said...

Pumpkin man is a great idea!

We don't have any fall traditions, other than pumpkin pie. From the looks of it, you are one talented lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails